Common Platform for Common Goal (CoCoN) is a non-profit and non-governmental organization registered in the District Administration Office, Kathmandu in 2011 AD and is working continuously for the promotion and protection of human rights, peace and social justice through awareness, human rights education, advocacy, and strengthening networks to boost up culture of peace in the society. It further focuses on the issues of woman and child rights and follows Human Rights Based Approach as well as Do No Harm principal. In addition, conflict sensitivity, gender sensitivity and good governance are its core prioritized issues.
Since the early stage of its establishment CoCoN is also working in the field of anti-human trafficking and reconnecting the trafficked children with their families through coordination and collaboration with GOs, I/NGOs, HPs and DPs and is operating SAJHA GHAR, a registered transit home to provide immediate temporary shelter and protection ensuring the good health and psycho social well-being of the trafficking affected / victimized children through personal care and hygiene service, medical services, psycho social counseling, in house / school education, entertainment and re-connection with the family since February 2018. In addition, CoCoN is also operating Information Booth in Bhantabari border area of Sunsari district (earlier operated in Jogbani border of Morang district) for the border surveillance to support in controlling cross border human trafficking.
CoCoN is operating its projects, programs and campaigns from its Head Office in Maharajgunj, Kathmandu; Provincial Contact Office in Biratnagar, Morang and Branch Office in Inaruwa, Sunsari.
CoCoN envisions a society where every individual lives in peace with dignity enjoying social justice and human rights
To protect and promote human rights with social justice through research, capacity building and thematic advocacy is CoCoN’s mission.
- Conducting research on the status of human rights and development.
- Facilitating to provide services to the persons affected by human rights violation and abuse.
- Capacitate the community, civil society and government stakeholders pertinent to the human rights.
- Conducting advocacy on protection and promotion of human rights in coordination with concerned stakeholders.
- Respect Diversity
Thematic Areas / Issues (Areas of Work):
- Child Protection and Child Rights
- Gender Based Violence and Women Rights
- Human Trafficking
- Human Rights, Law and Justice
- Mental Health and Psycho-social Support (MHPSS)
- Environment and Development
Cross Cutting Thematic Issues:
- Good Governance
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Youth and Community Engagement
- Human Rights Defenders
Working Modality: Based on the human rights principles, human rights based approach to development, do no (less) harm principle as well as conflict and gender sensitivity, community engagement and engagement with other stakeholders those can contribute for the betterment of target population / area is the core of the working modality / approach of the organization where all the projects, programs and campaign’s works be focused on the following;
- Human Rights Education
- Advocacy and / or litigation